Saturday, September 23, 2006

The kid's are on their way back home. Kevin (Karen's brother) and Tacy have been so great during this whole time. In fact it has been truly amazing the way all of our friends and family have been so helpful and supportive. Thank you all!



Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Proverbs 18:24
A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

We are really looking forward to the kids being home. Josh has a soccer game today and KP (Karen) really wanted him home so he could play his vital role as nose picker and space cadet.

I am very interested in how they will do today. The first game was a slaughter (we lost), the second game they only lost by two, and last Saturday they tied! I like the trajectory :)
GO BULLDOGS!!!

If extrapolation were appropriate in this situation I'd be confident Josh would bring home a win today, however, we're talking about six year olds here. Oh yeah, and we're not supposed to be keeping score.

On another note ...

Karen and I are really looking forward to worship tomorrow with our church family. There is nothing quite like worshipping corporately with the people of God. I love to hear the voices of God's people raised in joyful song. What a day it will be when there will be nothing separating us from Him, not time, or distance, or distraction, or this body of sin, just pure unobstructed adoration amidst a countless throng of saints.

Revelation 7:9-12

After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

And they cried out in a loud voice: "Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God,

saying: "Amen! Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!"
I guess each Lord's Day is something of a rehearsal for that great day. I hope that you all will be joining with us tomorrow, wherever you are in the world, as we ready our voices for eternity.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to rejoicing with you in worship tomorrow!

Love you all-
The Fletchers

Anonymous said...

The singing is going to be my favorite part... when we all get to heaven that is. Can't wait to see your whole family at church tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Dear David & Karen,
This is Lorene Johnson and daughter Hillary from First Pres Hayward.

I want to add our voice to the Kingdom Family supporting you. We learned from Janie Morehouse of the situation last Sunday, but only learned of this website today (9/24).

I keep remembering a scripture-based song (Neh 8:10) Karen sang one Sunday, back in 1996. It spoke to my heart so much at the time that I got the tape of the service and played it over and over until I knew the song by heart. Let me return His words of encouragement (sung by Karen) back to you:

The joy of the Lord
Will be my strength
He will uphold me
All of my days
I am surrounded
By mercy and grace
The joy of the Lord is my strength

The joy of the Lord
Will be my strength
I will not falter,
I will not faint,
He is my shelter
I am not afraid
The joy of the Lord is my strength

Karen, even ten years later, our Lord continues to bless and minister to me through your service in music -- all praise to the Work of His Hand.

Dear ones, He has entrusted this new and challenging walk to you, I rejoice as you testify of your hope and trust in Him, and you can depend on my continued to prayers for you and your family.

Love, Lorene & Hillary Johnson