Sunday, February 25, 2007

This week has been filled with more blessings, at least in terms of slightly improved energy for me. I had to experience a couple long days alone with kids because of David's busy days away at work, and I managed to make it through the challenge okay.

I called the DMV and found out that there is nothing special on my record, which is also good news! I'll still be a good and obedient girl and not drive before March 14, the 6 month anniversary of my original ER visit. I can hardly wait! Last night was the last time I had to take my anti-seizure medicine, which I was slowly weaning off of (by doctor's orders) over the last couple of weeks. This means that as of today I am drug free!

This Thursday, March 1, I'll be heading in for another CT Scan to check out the little spot on my lung they found last October (which probably is nothing).

Hard to believe the first two months of 2007 are almost completed, and we can do nothing but continue to thank and praise the Lord for His tremendous blessings and providing for our family.

Love, Karen

4 comments:

Nan said...

Hooray!! Driving soon!! :^D

I cannot believe it's been six months... I'm sure you can. It probably feels like a few years worth of time smushed into those 6 months!

How did I ever not hear about a spot on your lung? I hope it's a little speck of nothing!

Anonymous said...

That is great news...continuing to pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Thanking God for the good news! We'll keep praying. Love, The Koehler Family

Maxine said...

Hello Karen and David,
I am not someone you know, but
I just read your story in "An Encouraging Word" magazine, and was touched by it. I just wanted you to know that I have put your family on my prayer list next to my computer and prayers will be sent up for you from time to time. I felt constrained to write because of David's mention of Psalm 121. This the life's passage that we have given to our youngest daughter and it is still being recited to her every night at bedtime. (She's now fourteen.) Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'll be checking in at this blog to see how you are making out.