Thursday, March 01, 2007

Would have loved to have an update for you, but someone accidentally cancelled my CT Scan appt., which we discovered when we arrived there in Walnut Creek. Grrr.... We'll have to drive out there again next Thursday morning. =P

All three kids got a bad cough this week, and today Hannah has a fever too. I'm praying I can avoid this one--that last cough I had was just miserable, and I'd love to steer clear of it!

I found a good scripture and short devotion this morning that was a great reminder to me:

For to me to live is Christ and to die is gain ... having a desire to depart and to be with Christ which is far better.
PHILIPPIANS 1:21,23

IF I were annihilated this moment, I should bless God for having been allowed to live. Far more, if I were to have to toil and suffer in this sorrowful but glorious earth-life through unnumbered ages, and the sorrow and suffering continued to bring the living life with it that it has brought, I would gladly accept sorrow and suffering here on earth. How much more, then, when I expect, and am sure, that a very few years more will place me with these precious life-powers in a world fitted for highest life, with life intensified, and all the pure great life of ages gathered there, besides those whom I have dearly loved. EDWARD THRING

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

I just finished reading your husband's article in An Encouraging Word. I pray that you will continue to taste and see that the Lord is good, and that the challenges that daily arise for you as a mother will be opportunities for you to lean harder on Jesus. May He give you strength and power to persevere, and may your children rise (in health!) to call you blessed.

Your sister in Christ,
Keri

Anonymous said...

Karen, I am praying for you that you might live moment to moment in God's care. He is with you and I pray you might find rest besides still waters so you can hear his voice whether you turn to the left or to the right saying this is the way to go my child, walk in this path. I love you all. Julie