Monday, April 02, 2007

Sorry that it has been so long since we updated everyone. Our last few weeks have been so busy, and with my energy slightly improving each week, it's been easy to forget to keep our beloved friends and dear ones updated. You continue to be amazingly kind and generous to us with your love, prayers and generosity, and we can't be thankful enough!

Just a quick update on my progress: Due to the shock my body has taken from both the surgery and especially the radiation I have continued to lose weight these last few months, even though the rest of me seems to improve, especially my energy levels. I am starting to look pretty boney and my tiniest clothes are falling off. We don't have a scale at home (I've never liked weighing myself), so I used one while we were at my brother's house yesterday. I've lost another 5 lbs since my Feb. appt., and my total weight lost since November is about 15% of where I was in September. I certainly didn't mind losing some of my flab, but it's starting to get concerning. (People are noticing more b/c my Spring clothes are only 2 layers, in contrast to my 4 or 5 layers of bulky Winter clothing to stay warm!)

I'll be keeping better track of my food intake (which I thought had been sufficient up to this point) and meeting with the radiation doctor again at the end of this month. I'll have another (lengthy) full MRI appt. on April 20th and will touch base again around that time.

Thank you as always for your support and prayers. So very much appreciated!

A last minute addition to this entry before I send it off to the printers ... I seem to have gotten my full vocal range back. I surprised myself in the shower this morning with a chorus of loud "La La Las" and "Me Me Mees." This is an answer to prayer over the past few months and something I am really excited about.

7 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Praying for you, Karen.

May God keep you in His care and good news abound.

Anonymous said...

We'll just keep praying until you tell us to stop!!! I am so glad to hear that your lovely voice has returned. That is, indeed, an answer to prayer!

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing with you, Karen.

~Caroline

Marie said...

Maybe we could arrange a chub exchange!

Kendra Fletcher said...

I will happily donate my post-partum pounds... :D

Maxine said...

Thanks for the update. I check in from time to time to see how you're faring. You are on my prayer list. Will pray for your wisdom on how to eat healthy.

Anonymous said...

I have a foolproof weight gain plan. It's been working for me for years! I'll be happy to share.

So glad to hear you're feeling better and singing.

Hugs,
Dixie