Friday, March 09, 2007

As you may recall, just before I started radiation I had a CT scan of my abdomen to make sure that there wasn’t cancer that had spread outside my brain and spine. The only thing that turned up that the doctor commented on was a tiny spec on my lung. This is common and was unconcerning, but just to be careful we did another CT scan today to take a look and make sure that nothing had changed. It turned out that the experience was very uneventful. The injections of “contrast” into my blood stream did cause a hive to break out on my eyelid which was weird but also not uncommon. It went away after a few minutes and the rest of the experience doesn’t deserve much comment.

A radiologist compared today’s scan to the one done in November, and the comparison shows no concerns about the little spots on my lungs. Our nuero radiologist called them “scars” and said that they could have been caused by pneumonia, bronchitis, or an allergic reaction sometime in my past. Either way it is nothing related to my cancer and not a concern at all. I also found out that I have a freckle on my kidney, which it turns out is not abnormal in women.

As usual, we are so thankful for the support from you all, and primarily, we continually praise the Lord for His goodness and all that is teaching us through this time.

Other than these now infrequent scans and office visits, things are about the same around here. Just working at getting my energy back, hoping to have some hair before Spring arrives and it’s too warm to wear all these Winter hats anymore, =) and anxious for my 6 month date (March 14) so my driving and scheduling can get more back to normal. We'll have another MRI toward the end of Apil and will be sure to keep you updated between now and then.

Continuously appreciate your love and prayers.....kp

8 comments:

Duchess of Fife said...

That's great to hear! Colin was so glad to get to visit with y'all yesterday. I'm jealous though! :)

Praying for your strength to return.

Much love, Emily

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to read your good news for today! I saw David at art the other day and it was just after I'd read your other good report so it was nice to catch-up! Praise God for His mercy and grace! We'll have to get together with the kids now that the weather is getting nicer! Maybe the park by your house sometime?! :) Take care! Love, Megan

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Dearest We Love Karen Team and Dearest Karen,
You are in my thoughts and prayers! You are such an inspiration. I will be praying for you for strength and health.
Many blessings to you all from the Midwest. I look forward to stopping in and checking on you. When you feel well enough stop in for a visit. I will link to you now and your wonderful site to share with my friends what an inspiration you.

Hugs,
Angel Mama ( From Angel Mama's Pearls of Wisdom)

Stefanie (Culbertson) Coleman said...

I just breathed a huge sigh of relief and contentment. Wonderful news!!

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to hear results just keep coming back with good news. You are thought of and prayed for often.

Love
Lisa, Steven and Isaiah

Anonymous said...

Karen,

It's wonderful to hear all the good news. I want you to know that you are continually in Leianne and my thoughts and prayers. We will stop and see you soon.

Much love to all,

Kevin and Leianne

Jlblog said...

Praise God for the good news. Continuing to pray for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....how cute, a freckle on your kidney!!!!

Sorry for the delay. Spring fever has set in in New England.

Love to all of you,
Tasha and the crew