Sunday, January 07, 2007

Here's a quick update from Karen ...

Well, I've been struggling a lot this week with my cough, nose, difficult sleeping, and my back being more in pain each day from the coughing. Finally went to the doctor yesterday and had an emergency Xray squeezed in at 4:30 on a Friday afternoon! It was a possible cracked rib, lung problem, walking pneumonia, who knew. The great news is that I am normal inside, and I got some antibiotic for brochitis. They're not positive that's what I have, but I've been coughing nonstop for over a month, so it should help that. Got some other good coughing and nose medications too. I didn't feel any better last night, but I sure was happy! I slept a lot better, but my back and now my sides are still killing me. Hopefully I can loosen those up by moving around a bit today.

More good news--my voice is coming back! Just a tad bit more each day, but at least I can talk a bit now. I'm anxious to be able to sing again. Thank you all so much for your love and support.

Love, Karen

8 comments:

Duchess of Fife said...

I hope you are feeling better today. I'll be praying.

Love, Em.

Anonymous said...

Rejoicing in the improvement in your voice and pray your back and ribs, coughing and pain all ease up and you begin to get some rest and heal. Praise the Lord for the "happy meds" He provides.

Love and prayers,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, Karen. We're still praying. Have you had the cough syrup with codeine? It really helped me to sleep when I had a terrible cough. God bless you and make His face shine upon you...
Denise

Mel said...

Always in heartfelt prayer for you. Exciting to hear of the progress you're making. I apologize I've been away for a while (computer problems) but now I'm back and it's been nice to catch up with you. I thought of you during the holidays as our family traveled to CA for Christmas wishing I had the time to stop by and at least say hello and visit for a while. I will be sure on our next visit to contact you in hopes to get together. God bless you and your husband and your children. Love, Melanie Harrod

Nan said...

I hope you are feeling much better by now. Hoping that you are turning a corner back towards feeling more like the new old you (um, not as in age!).

I still pray for you whenever you cross my mind.

Nan

Anonymous said...

We're looking forward to hearing your voice back in the Lord's choir.

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear of some relief. I'm sure God is hearing the sweet sound of your voice even now. I think of you always and take you before the Father. Love, stef, bran, and baby kenny

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen ~
I just found your site and want you to know I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. You are very strong.
Dawn